Thursday, August 9, 2012

Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes

As my friend Amy would say it is HOT, HOT, HOT!  I would say it is even too hot to BBQ.  Really, who wants to stand out side when it is 110 degrees and grill something?  Not me!  The crock pot should be our friend in the summer, not just when it is chilly out. 

I have said before that I would love to be an awesome blogger...but it is not meant to be.  There is too much life going on.  I have been challenged by Kristen to get it going so I am going to give it a try...Again!



SLOW COOKER SLOPPY JOES

  • 1-1/2 lbs. lean ground beef (I used some of my ground chuck)
  • 1 lb. Jimmy Dean sausage
  • 1 sm. onion, chopped
  • 1/2 med. sized bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
  • 2 T. cider vinegar
  • 2 T. yellow mustard
  • 1 T. chili powder
  • 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 8 hamburger buns, toasted 
Chop onion and bell pepper.  Brown ground beef, sausage, onion and bell pepper. Drain well.  Place in 4-1/2 quart crock pot.  Add remaining ingredients and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.  Serve on toasted buns please.  It would be an insult to the Sloppy Joe if you didn't.


To toast buns, spread with butter and grill in a skillet or on a griddle. 





1 comment:

  1. WOW! These look so yummmmmmmm! Thanks for the post Mrs. Sassy. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...