Thursday, July 28, 2011

Teriyaki Chicken

I want to be an awesome blogger.  That does not seem to be something that is going to happen, but I will keep trying.  We just added another rooster to the family and now things may get back to normal.  As normal as things can be with a newborn in the house.

Making things from scratch is easy, it's cheaper than buying pre-made and you usually understand the names of the ingredients which you use.  Homemade Teriyaki sauce is easy and just uses a few ingredients.  Since it is still blazing here the BBQ is a must.  Last night we had Teryiaki chicken, BBQ'ed zucchini and steamed rice.  The kitchen remained cool...I was still hot.



Whisk it all together.  See my favorite whisk?  It is flat...



Toss the chicken in.  I am using the chicken breasts on steroids from Costco.  I cut them in half before marinating. 


Rowdy comes home and cooks them to perfection.  Tonight I will dice up the leftovers and make chicken fried rice.

TERIYAKI CHICKEN
  • Chicken (I am a boneless, skinless, white meat kinda gal) 
  • 3/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 4 T. brown sugar
  • 3 T. honey
  • 1 t. ginger powder
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
Combine soy sauce, canola oil, sugar, honey, ginger and garlic.  Whisk together vigorously to help sugar dissolve and honey become thoroughly incorporated.  I do this in a large glass bowl and then just throw the chicken in to the bowl to marinate.  I like to marinate my chicken for at least 2 hours.  BBQ and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...