Monday, September 26, 2011

Honey Buns

Oh honey...they are great.  Honey, you're gonna love'em.  These are amazing honey. Seriously, these are the best rolls I have ever made. It's a first...I didn't change a thing about this recipe.  This recipe is perfect just the way I found it at The Pastry Affair.  I am pretty sure I will be returning to this blog to try out other stuff like the Almond Joy Tart.  One of Rowdy's favorite things is coconut and this tart looks awesome. 

One of the many things about blogging I have yet to master is the photography aspect.  This year I did get an awesome new camera and am able to take great pictures with it, however, there are many people living here and at dinnertime it is hard to say wait...I need to get a picture of that food before you start shoveling it in, or the baby is crying that dinnertime "witching hour" cry that only momma can sooth.  In any case, I did not get  a great picture of my rolls and did not get a picture of them out of the pan...I hope to make them again soon and get a great shot to add to this post.  Now that would be amazing.



HONEY BUNS 
  • 2 t. active dry yeast
  • 1 c. warm water
  • 1/4 c. honey plus 1 T.
  • 1 t. salt
  • 1 egg, room temperature (this is when I miss my chickens!)
  • 3 c. all-purpose flour, plus extra if necessary
  • 1 T. butter
In the bowl of your stand mixer combine water, 1/4 cup honey and yeast.  Let proof for 5 minutes. Add egg, salt and flour and begin to knead with your dough hook.  This dough will seem sticky, but that is how it is supposed to be.  You may need to add a little flour, it just depends on how dry your flour is and the level of stickiness you can handle.  Knead for 5 minutes.  Shape into a ball, place in an oiled bowl (I must confess to never doing this step with bread dough...I just shape into a ball and place back in my mixing bowl), cover and and let rise for at least an hour, two hours would probably be better. Spray pan with nonstick spray.  I used my 3 quart enameled cast iron pan, but a 13x9 inch Pyrex would work just as well.  Shape into 12 balls and place evenly in pan.  Let rise for another 30 minutes. Combine 1 tablespoon of melted butter with 1 tablespoon honey.  Gently brush across the top of the rolls so you don't deflate them. Place in an oven that has been preheated to 400 degrees. Bake for 13 to 20 minutes, depending on your oven, until golden brown on top. Let stand a few minutes before removing from pan so the butter/honey can slightly harden. 

Hey What's For Dinner

1 comment:

  1. They were soooooo good!!!! Thanks for posting. I'm going to try another rise and see if I can get them lighter - mine were kind of heavy - but who cares the kids said they were like candy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...