Monday, June 28, 2010

Two Flops!!

On Saturday I left the kids at home with Rowdy.  He entertained them well.  They went for a long bike ride and then came home for some swimming.  I left instructions for what was to be done while I was gone.  Just some basic pick-up and finish the bread for lunch.  When I left at 7:15 the dough was rising in the bowl nicely.  I had set the timer.  Rowdy turned the timer off and did not tell #1 chick.  #1 chick remembered bread sometime later and kneaded it slightly, formed a loaf and put it in the bread pan for the second rise. In the meatime there were bike rides and swimming and chicken chores.  When I came at home 10:45 I heard the click of the oven and knowing this meant it was on I went to investigate.  What I saw was disturbing. This was the first flop.




Doesn't that look appetizing?  If you let your bread rise to long, it will fall and be really ugly.  You can revive it by re-kneading it and letting it rise again.  Chick #1 did not know this, she is only 12.

The second flop involved the local homeschool used book sale.  I loaded up my box and headed out.  I enjoyed hanging out with some good friends and caught up with some old friends I hadn't seen in quite a while.  It seemed like it was going to be a great morning.  Then, I sold nothing.  Yes nothing!  I was too honest. 

Potential buyer, "Did you use this book? " 

Me, "No not really (that is why I am selling it!)." 

Now non-interested buyer, "Thanks for your honesty, don't think I want it either." 

That just about sums up flop #2.  I returned home with my box and will now try to sell my books on the world wide web.  Thanks Al Gore for inventing the internet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...