Thursday, December 15, 2011

Snowballs...a cookie with many names...I call it my favorite!



This is my favorite Christmas cookie.  I love the Snowball.  I do believe that these cookies have many other names...Mexican Wedding Cakes is one of the more popular ones.  Ever since I can remember these have been my favorite at Christmas and they were always called Snowballs.  There is no way to eat just one. Crunchy, sweet, salty, buttery!




SNOWBALLS!
3/4 c. shortening (I use butter flavored Crisco)
1/4 c. butter
1 t. salt
1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 T. vanilla
2 c. flour, sifted
1 c. pecans, chopped
Powdered sugar for rolling cookies

Cream shortening, butter and sugar. Add vanilla, flour, salt and nuts. Shape into balls. Cook 20 to 25 minutes at 325 degrees.  Cookies should look very pale tan, with the bottom being a little darker. Cool on wire rack and then roll in powdered sugar.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...