Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Homemade Fire Starters

Our primary source of heat these days is a wood burning stove.  I have been meaning to make these since we moved and finally got around to it on Saturday.  When Rowdy got up on Sunday morning and started the fire I asked him what he thought.  He said "I am not sure if these are fire starters or bombs."  I guess he thought they worked okay.  The best part is these can be free or at the very least a lot cheaper than buying fire starters! 






What you need:

  • Paper egg cartons
  • Dryer lint
  • Old candles or Paraffin blocks from the store
  • Coffee can
Place egg cartons on newspaper.  Stuff egg cartons with lint.  Dryer lint is highly flammable and really gets things cookin'.  Melt your old candles or paraffin in a coffee can placed in a pot of simmering water.  (Okay, so I don't use a coffee can.  I use an applesauce can.  Coffee from a can is wrong!)  Once the wax has melted pour over the lint.  Let dry.  Cut apart into desired size.  We use 4 egg slots for one fire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...