I started the New Year off right. Last night I passed out on the couch at 8:30! The kids stayed up until 9:30...Holy Smokes Batman. They are such party animals. This morning I made Lemon Blueberry Muffins and they were fab-oo! I found this recipe at For The Love of Cooking. I will be trying lots of things from this site.
Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries, plus a few extra for the top of each muffin
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Finely grated zest of 2 small lemons
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Demerara for sprinkling on top of muffins or 2 packets of raw cane sugar for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Combine dry ingredients. In a separate bowl combine eggs, milk, oil, zest and lemon juice. Fold into the dry ingredients. Next fold in blueberries. Scoop into muffin pan. Sprinkle a couple more blueberries on top of each muffin and then sprinkle with demerara or raw sugar. Bake for 20 to 23, until tester comes out clean. Let cool in pan 5 minutes and then cool a little longer on a rack. Enjoy as they are or slather with butter!