Monday, September 20, 2010

Cheese and Sausage Corn Muffins

These are so yummy and fill the kids right up! These are good served along with some scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, or just by themselves. The original recipe "For the Love of Cheesy Sausage Corn Muffins" can be found at Chickens in the Road.













Cheese and Sausage Corn Muffins 

  • 1 cup whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup yellow cornmeal
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 T. baking powder
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 lb. cooked sausage
  • 1 cup cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Fry sausage. Once it is cooked and finely crumbled, drain on paper towel. Set aside. Combine dry ingredients. Add oil, eggs and buttermilk. Stir to combine, but don't over stir. Add sausage and cheese and stir lightly. Prepare your muffin pan. I spray mine, but you can use whatever method you like. The muffin cups will be pretty full..almost to the top. Bake for 15 minutes. Do not overbake or they will be dry. Store your leftovers, if there are any, in the fridge and reheat in the microwave.

This post is linked with Tasty Tuesday.

4 comments:

  1. I will figure out how to be a good blogger and make my pictures look much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still no Ansel Adams, but I have improved somewhat on my photography skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks so delicious! What a great recipe. I love that it uses cornmeal! - www.delightfulcountrycookin.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really good. I am always on the lookout for recipes where I can use whole wheat flour.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...