Saturday, September 11, 2010

Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes

Another great recipe from Lynn's Kitchen Adventures.  I have always wondered about making mashed potatoes while at church....I've got the roast part down.  I use my oven timer to have my roast ready, but always dreaded coming home and making mashed potatoes.  You can't really have pot roast without mashed potatoes.  When I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it.  It was so easy!  You do it all in one pot.  No draining the potatoes. A perfect way to have mashed potatoes and not have to be home the hour before you want to eat them.




Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes

  • 5 lbs. potatoes
  • 1 cup water and 1 t. Better than Bouillon (or 1 can chicken broth) 
  • 1 cup milk  
  • ½ cup sour cream
  • 4 ounces cream cheese
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch chunks. Place potatoes in a crock pot with chicken broth and milk. Cook on low for 4 hours or until potatoes are tender. (I cooked mine on low for 2 hours and was getting nervous that they would not be done at the same time as my roast so I cranked it up to high for the last 1-1/2 hours...I started a little late.) When potatoes are tender mash well with sour cream and cream cheese.  Add salt and pepper to taste. (I have changed this slightly from the original recipe...you can click the link to see exactly how it was done by Lynn.)

This stuff is tasty!  I use both the chicken and the beef.  I find big jars at my local Costco for a reasonable price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...